Ok I have been thinking for a long time with all the stuff that Toni has gone through with record lables,and just dealing with snakes in the industry. And then the recent topic about us wanting her to release a live dvd or another dvd with secret footage. Ive been thinking why doesnt Toni just go independent. She is already an establish name..legendary status. I want toni to get ALL the money that she is deserving!! I think if Toni went independent and sold her music and dvds and just everything right off of her website..she would get 100% of the profits or something close to that. Also if there is a fear of her not remaining "current" and "popular" with the Braxton Family Values show still up and running it will and has brought her more attention. She can still put out music,videos and etc..but she will be in charge of it. I just want toni to get all the money that is rightfully hers without all the damn drama. I think she can still have commercial success while still being independent. She isnt a NEW ARTIST so I dont see anything wrong with it. Lil Kim is independent, Faith Evans is independent...And they went independent because they wanted to be in charge of their careers. Unlike Faith Evans who isnt in the spot light really at all..so its kinda hard to know what she is doing on a large level..Toni on the other hand is doing Braxton Family Values and it is very successful..So its like okay...now take this and run with it and just be in charge from here on out and be ur own record label, And real hard fans will follow them and support you. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Here are just a few of my ideas of what can be done to earn a living..Tour dates, record all shows and make dvds of them, sell music/cds online and stores, do unique things like a Toni Braxton Crusie and sing on differnt cruise lines, Hell i dont know everything but what I do know is Toni is too damn talented not to me making some serious BANK right about now..She already has a catolog, concerts, etc to her name and its time to capatilize on that...Just my view..Im not a manager but maybe I need to be lolol I love toni and I want her to have massive success...and her to be IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING!

Please yall let me know what u think about my idea and if u agree or disagree and why. Peace and Blessings My fellow Braxton Fan Family!

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was thinking the same thing. Tamia is doing and it is working out just fine for her. Toni needs to take her business serious she can market her self they way she likes and the way thats gonna help her make money.

Thanks for replying..Im just sayin. It time to make that REAL PAPER TONI!!!! AND BE IN CHARGE...Hell Im watching the Suze Orman Show and Im just like...ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE IN GENERAL TO TAKE THEIR MONEY IN THEIR OWN HANDS!!!! INCLUDING TONI!!!!
davidj said:

I was thinking the same thing. Tamia is doing and it is working out just fine for her. Toni needs to take her business serious she can market her self they way she likes and the way thats gonna help her make money.

Financially it could be a good idea. But I dont think overall its realistic. Most artist who are idependent, are simply independent because they have hard time selling at major labels...Tamia, Deborah Cox, Kelly Price (Just to name a few) Have collectively sold no where near the amount of records Toni has sold, therefore they go independent in atempt to save face IMO. With over 60 million records sold there is no way Toni should be an independent artist, her audience is far to big for that. With the push of a major labels, she still has the opportunity to possibly put out another platnum selling album or maybe get a hit on billboard!.

Thanks you guys for the feedback...I never really knew that being an independent artist means...ur not current..I def dont want toni to be bunched in with that look! LOL! She is definetly still current and will always remain that way God Willing. Im just tired of the bullshit that she faces with these labels that dont know how to properly market her, and capitalize on her talents! The business ventures that I mention really need to be considered whoever she works with in the future...imjustsayin.

Wow Tamia, Deborah Cox, Kelly Price have gone independent!! Damn thats deep see even though they havent sold no where near as toni has..I think it speaks volumes because the 90s was OOZZING with talent singers and rap artist..Now a days the music is just...UM CRAP!! And fans support these wack new singers...Damn shame..I wish I can go back into a time machine~

Erleevis said:

Financially it could be a good idea. But I dont think overall its realistic. Most artist who are idependent, are simply independent because they have hard time selling at major labels...Tamia, Deborah Cox, Kelly Price (Just to name a few) Have collectively sold no where near the amount of records Toni has sold, therefore they go independent in atempt to save face IMO. With over 60 million records sold there is no way Toni should be an independent artist, her audience is far to big for that. With the push of a major labels, she still has the opportunity to possibly put out another platnum selling album or maybe get a hit on billboard!.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say, I think Atlantic did a great job with the promo for pulse. IMO they messed up on pickin the proper songs that made the album, and also on the singles. But i think they invested a fair amount of $ in that project!. It was deffinately a step up from the mess that was BLACKGROUND!

Yes, I liked Atlantic as well, because Pulse actually felt like a real album with videos and singles.

MTAW and Libra both only had 1 video and no promo. Both albums felt like flops even tho they both sold more than Pulse.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dzemil.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service