Has anyone heard i heart you on radio yet... when are the going to send it to radio and tv.... we want it to be number one.... toni needs to start promoting it heavily

Views: 760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh well.... Hopefully a major record label will take interest in her and pick her up...

But she needs to get all of her domains and Vevo IN LINE... She needs those things to promote herself online as well...

But when you're indie, there is only sooo much you're able to do... Funds are limited.

Dzemil, 

I feel you as far as the online campaign.  I can only imagine that Toni isn't in "promo mode" yet.  And sadly, she has always had very limited use of her sites.  I don't think she has ever wrote a letter or a blog.  In fact, I don't know if she has a relationship with the people who handle her official sites.  She does all her work with her twitter.. but if she used her site better, heck, there are artists I listen to that sell a ton of records (given the economy we are in and the industry) by using their websites as a part of the machine.  Erin Mckeon, Sara Barielles, Imogen Heap, Liz Phair, Amanda Palmer, Sufjan Stevens, Bon Iver, St. Vincent, Patrick Wolf, etc.  None of them get airplay at all.  Many have had top 10 albums and many grammy awards because they interact with their fans in a real way by having a strong online presence. 

If I called our RnB station and asked them to play I heart you.. they might respond.. but they would play "Unbreak My Heart"  that is how it has always been since The Heat.

And I agree with what Braxtonism said.  Most people are attached to their online device.  In a lot of ways, the machinery that has demolished the recording industry has also given it an equal playing field.  Yes, if I am driving and I put on a pop station, i am going to hear the same 5 songs all day long.. but people don't rely on radio stations as their only source, anymore.  We are in a new world of soundclouds and messageboards like these.  We do half the dang work for the labels, really.

Dzemil said:

i have to say that the radio here in canada has been showing toni some love lately. i keep hearing her on the radio at least once a week. once a week is not great,but it's better than once a year. of cours they keep playing the singles from Secrets.

I do have to say that Toni seems to be on Twitter a lot more than she was and she is plugging her video there.  I agree she needs to upgrade her webpage or create a new website with current information for her fans. She can easily find someone to update her webpage for her like her assistant. She needs to do interviews and do guest appearances to promote her album.  I know she's very private but she can promote her album without divulging any personal info. She's very good at telling only what she wants to anyway. I think thats why rumors spread about her because she doesn't confirm or deny them. If it comes from her its true.

James Polk said:

Dzemil, 

I feel you as far as the online campaign.  I can only imagine that Toni isn't in "promo mode" yet.  And sadly, she has always had very limited use of her sites.  I don't think she has ever wrote a letter or a blog.  In fact, I don't know if she has a relationship with the people who handle her official sites.  She does all her work with her twitter.. but if she used her site better, heck, there are artists I listen to that sell a ton of records (given the economy we are in and the industry) by using their websites as a part of the machine.  Erin Mckeon, Sara Barielles, Imogen Heap, Liz Phair, Amanda Palmer, Sufjan Stevens, Bon Iver, St. Vincent, Patrick Wolf, etc.  None of them get airplay at all.  Many have had top 10 albums and many grammy awards because they interact with their fans in a real way by having a strong online presence. 

I am angry with Toni, not her management. Toni had a weekly format in which
to promote her music. What does she do? She is only in a few shows, because
she wants her privacy. WTF ! ! !
Seriously?
Dzemil, you say Toni visits this site, than why can't she at least say hello
people, or whatever? She should maybe, I don't know, read some the ideas her real
fans have. Just saying.
I have been a fan of Toni's since GUMH, and I have never seen a personal message
from her. Even before facebook and twitter. It feels like the only time she acknowledges us,
is when she has something to promote.
Okay, back to the song on the radio. I love the beginning, but I don't think I will hear it on the
stations that I listen to. I will request it any way. Sorry this is so long, but I'm in a bad mood
and wanted to vent some of my fustrations. So many wasted opportunities.

I hear you!!! I always feel fear, excitement dissapointment and joy everytime there is another chance. Im always trying to be positive too thinking "THIS IS THE ONE". Everytime there is POTENTIAL, but everytime some low blow happens, like leaks or disagreements or no promo or just plain ol ???????

I still believe this time will surprise us and be better than we think. I know that evryone, especially Toni is realizing how vital this time around is, they have to be, and WE here are important to listen to as long as its coming from love and respect. I only speak like this because I love Toni and care for her in a way that I want her to be happy, healthy and free from feeling stuck in rut.  When you follow someone since the beginning of their journey and they inspire you through your teen years and into your 20s and now my 30's-you tend to feel what they are going through with them. When she radiates-her fans truly feel it! As will everyone else. I am very happy in my life and feel that Toni being out there only makes it better!!!She deserves to have another album as successful as her first 3. PERIOD, DOT COM!!!!! AAAMEN! 

panetta said:

I am angry with Toni, not her management. Toni had a weekly format in which
to promote her music. What does she do? She is only in a few shows, because
she wants her privacy. WTF ! ! !
Seriously?
Dzemil, you say Toni visits this site, than why can't she at least say hello
people, or whatever? She should maybe, I don't know, read some the ideas her real
fans have. Just saying.
I have been a fan of Toni's since GUMH, and I have never seen a personal message
from her. Even before facebook and twitter. It feels like the only time she acknowledges us,
is when she has something to promote.
Okay, back to the song on the radio. I love the beginning, but I don't think I will hear it on the
stations that I listen to. I will request it any way. Sorry this is so long, but I'm in a bad mood
and wanted to vent some of my fustrations. So many wasted opportunities.

You are so correct man! Who listens to radio anymore?  Toni is definitely going to get her shine.  The single is hot, and we have to remember the role of her new management and record company.  If I understood it correctly, working with them as an independant artist, she will pair with the different lables on a non exclusive basis to market and distribute each single release.  It was the same thing that Prince did when he was "the artist formerly known as".  As I recall, he sold all of his music during that time on the internent.  This is a great move for Toni.  Music is not just heard on the radio, it is all over the internet and itunes.  Her being on BFV  which btw has a great audience than radio, and making mention of the album could just be enough to sell her album.  I think that if she keeps doing the concerts, where she showcases that amazing voice...she will be just fine.  People know that Toni is back and looking fabulous too!

braxtonism_lives said:

Who still listens to the radio, internet streaming such as pandora and iheartradio are the new methods of listening to music. Majority of creditable artist do not get radio play. But their fan base listening to music from youtube and such. Radio is dying and they do nothing but play the same songs ovdr and over again. I could care less if I heart I heart you on the radio. The song is not mainstream and im fine with that. be patient and let the plans unfold, she has hung on this long and she will shine. And as a matter of fact I have heard every single from more than a woman, libra and pulse that she has released I dint know what station your listening to.

Who still listens to radio anyway? I hear Toni on some of the older radio stations a lot...mainly playing her hit records from the first album...Breathe Again, Seven Whole Days, Another Sad Love Song, etc. The newer stations play the same songs over and over and they all sound alike (Rihanna, Katy Perry, etc you know the basic generic music that get radio play today). I think this song will do better with tv promotion and I just saw a behind the scenes promotion on WE TV yesterday and now Toni is getting ready to do some TV promo for the single. In terms of radio play, I think the KISS FM radio stations shouuld play the song but they play songs based on payola and the song is not the right format to be played on older radio stations so what stations are you referring to that should be playing this song??

Also in terms of online management Atlantic still owns her official site, tonibraxton.com, so the main problem here is that her management has not partnered with a big label to promote her. Madonna has an independent contract but for her new album I see tv commercials, a little radio play, videos, etc because they partnered with a major label to market/distribute her album. Perhaps the strategy from Toni's management was to use this single to get that kind of distribution deal with a major label in place.

exactly. we've been following her since the begining so when she has no success with an album it feels personal. everytime in the last 10 years when a new album gets released something goes wrong. there's always somebody to blame.

toniartist said:

I hear you!!! I always feel fear, excitement dissapointment and joy everytime there is another chance. Im always trying to be positive too thinking "THIS IS THE ONE". Everytime there is POTENTIAL, but everytime some low blow happens, like leaks or disagreements or no promo or just plain ol ???????

I still believe this time will surprise us and be better than we think. I know that evryone, especially Toni is realizing how vital this time around is, they have to be, and WE here are important to listen to as long as its coming from love and respect. I only speak like this because I love Toni and care for her in a way that I want her to be happy, healthy and free from feeling stuck in rut.  When you follow someone since the beginning of their journey and they inspire you through your teen years and into your 20s and now my 30's-you tend to feel what they are going through with them. When she radiates-her fans truly feel it! As will everyone else. I am very happy in my life and feel that Toni being out there only makes it better!!!She deserves to have another album as successful as her first 3. PERIOD, DOT COM!!!!! AAAMEN! 

WELL, Toni did THREE things correct so far....

She released the video close to the single, she's touring so people are seeing her and have her on their mind, and three is that she has finally embraced the gays with this new single and the gays are going crazy over this single.

The problems though....

The video needs to be re-shot, it's just not going to cut it for such a fun song, we need lasers, lights, LOTS of people in a club, heavy choreographed dancing... oh and better outfits.

There needs to be a new single cover, like why is the cover to Trina's single better than Toni's?

Toni needs a new website, again.. . why is Trina's website better than Toni's?

Lastly, though she's been everywhere these days, Toni needs to start using these appearances to promote the sh*t out of this single, WE NEED THIS!!!! 

Lets all be honest, Toni needs the money, so she needs to make it, period.

That is all :)

It takes money to reshoot a video with the lasers and lights etc. I do agree with the website. She can get someone to help her do that and help her maintain it. l She needs to connect more with her fans like her sisters do. Trina seems to be more open with her fans and is willing to let them in to get to know her. She also seems to really enjoy connecting with her fans on Twitter and online on her webpage. I know Toni is private so she has to do it her way but still the more promoting the more people will buy the album. I do agree that she does need to make appearances promoting the album and singing songs from it to get more exposure. She's touring now so some of those songs need to be incorporated on her playlist. I also think that if she was on BFV 3 she could use that as a platform for promoting the album. I know that part isn't gonna happen so anyway.....

Richard Samuel™ said:

WELL, Toni did THREE things correct so far....

She released the video close to the single, she's touring so people are seeing her and have her on their mind, and three is that she has finally embraced the gays with this new single and the gays are going crazy over this single.

The problems though....

The video needs to be re-shot, it's just not going to cut it for such a fun song, we need lasers, lights, LOTS of people in a club, heavy choreographed dancing... oh and better outfits.

There needs to be a new single cover, like why is the cover to Trina's single better than Toni's?

Toni needs a new website, again.. . why is Trina's website better than Toni's?

Lastly, though she's been everywhere these days, Toni needs to start using these appearances to promote the sh*t out of this single, WE NEED THIS!!!! 

Lets all be honest, Toni needs the money, so she needs to make it, period.

That is all :)

I don't believe the song will be available to even request on radio unless Toni or her label/management sends the song out for "adds" on radio station, which is pretty much a "testing" period that stations give a song on whether or not they wanna add it to their playlist.

The one good thing about the changes in airplay is that Billboard recently changed it's Hot 100 to include that of streaming spins, from sites like Rhapsody, Yahoo!, Spotify, etc, so we were to just repeat playing "I Heart You" on an official Toni thing, then we might be able to get it to chart somehow.

Other than that, I know the song has been serviced to some DJs, so perhaps it'll get some play on some dance stations/clubs.

The last Toni Braxton single I heard on the radio was probably "He Wasn't Man Enough." I still hear "Another Sad Love Song" "Breathe Again" and "You Mean the World to Me" every now and then on the classics stations.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dzemil.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service