Can Toni Braxton Survive Another Commercially Unsuccessful Album?

Toni Braxton has had 4 unsuccessful albums and 3 successful albums. this means that she has more unsuccessful albums than successful onces.  she really need a big hit this time around.  i heard an interview with babyface and la reid when they were promoting secrets and they said that they search hard for a big ballad.  i believe she needs to search hard for another big hit.  she needs a huge uptempo hit with a big beat and catchy hook like he wasnt man enough or ur making me high and a massive ballad like unbreak my heart.  she needs to go back to her roots..  she needs to find back those songwriters and producers..  we really want u to be successsful this time

Views: 1384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The point I am trying to make is, How can you have a contrasting opinion, if you havent even heard the Music? How can you imply that Tonis releasing unseccessful music without even giving it an oppertunity?...I can see a statement like that being "Real" if youve actually givin it a chance, but we have ppl on hear already making negative comments even before the single has been heard by anyone, therefore not even givin it a fair chance to be successful...also, how is she making the same mistakes??? The only mistake i think Toni has made was signing with labels that did not push her music.Toni has NEVER disappointed music wise, shes a great artist...Success is in the eye of the beholder! PULSE was Tonis lowest selling album, But it was a great achievement for someone who didnt think theyd be able to sing again, making it a huge success in its own right!...
Tiger Print said:

Sorry Erleevis but I strongly disagree with everything you said. I think that if a fan disagrees with someone or has a contrasting opinion that is being real, not being negative. I will reserve the rest of my opinion until after I hear the first single but so far it seems like Toni is repeating her same mistakes career wise.

It is sad but yes Toni's last 3 albums were not successful for an artist of her status. Just going gold is considered a flop for artists like Mariah, Beyonce, or Toni. A lot of the blame is on the labels but Toni has some accountability for the flops because she changed her original hit making music style/production to 2nd rate production/sometimes amateur production, thus losing a lot of her consumers.

P.S. I am also a Beyonce fan and best believe when she puts out an album her fans let her camp know what type of music is hot, whether or not to rush out a 2nd single if the first one is not so well, etc. We do not keep our opinions on mute because it is helpful for Beyonce and her camp to be successful.

Erleevis said:

blah blah blah...Who says Tonis last albums werent "Successful"??? MTAW and LIBRA both managed to go GOLD with one single and lttle to no promo. Thats success to me. And PULSE didnt go GOLD but like Toni said at that particular time she wasnt recording for a "HIT" record, she was recording because she thought she never would be able to again. We must look at the big picture, it isnt easy to recreate such success that Toni had with the first 3 albums, especially in todays music where the quality of music has drestically dropped. It is our jobs to stay positive, how dowe expect Toni to have the success she deserves if we are putting bad energy on a single that hasnt even been released yet. When Beyonce and Rihanna release singles i never hear their fans doubting or bashing, they are just happy to know new music is being released...Im just saying success starts here!...everyone has their own opinion,TRUE, but if its negative how about keeping it tourself. At least until you actually hear the song.

imo, pulse was not a flop. the music was great and it had great promotion and it gave us 4 singles.

the reason why the album "flopped" ,as you put it, is because Atlantic put the wrong versions of the songs on the album behind toni's back as well as under shipped the albums to the stores. they even made us delete topics on here where people were complaining about having hard time finding the cd at the stores. they even lied to toni about how many cd's there were gonna ship to the stores.

there simply was not enough albums sent to the stores. toni braxton fans buy physical copies of her album, she's not a digital artist.

same goes for whitney houston. after her passing her GH album entered top 10 of Billboard 200 with most sales coming from iTunes and online music stores. there was not enough albums in the stores for people to buy them. a month after her passing after sony shipped 2.5 million albums to the stores, she has 6 album in top 10 of billboard 200. and most sales came from people going to the stores to buy it, not online.

back to the topic, atlantic dropped the ball on toni last time around. i hope whoever distributes her next album does not do the same.

Even though More Than A Woman, Libra, and Pulse weren't as commercially successful as their 3 predecessors, they still saw the light of day. There are some artist that won't ever get a chance to say they released an album that did/ or didn't do what they were expecting of looking for. 

THANK YOU DZEMIL...I dont think its realistic to expect toni to reach that kind of success. Shes LEGENDARY status now, she has nothing to prove. Shes seems to be at a point where she just wants to make good music, and i LOVE it. I know she wont dissapoint.

Dzemil said:

i think toni braxton is pass her commercial peak/prime, but she is not pass her artistic peak/prime. how many artist have come out after toni and surpassed her album sales? i think theres only britney spears, shania twain and norah johns. nobody else expect them. toni's first 2 albums sold more than most people sold in their whole career.

i mean, do we really expect her to sell another 16 million records world wide with her new album? i'm not. whitney could not do it. madonna can't do it. mariah will flop hard, christina flopped, beyonce flopped, even lady gaga (biggest star in the world at the moment) flopped with her last album.

so anyways, i'm looking forward to this new album to see what toni braxton can do herself for herself. i'm excited because this next album will help her grow artistically. i wanna see who the real toni braxton is.

no many people can say they were as big as toni braxton was in her prime. let's be happy that she was there at some point in her career.

and her fans should be at the same point as well. i'll take great music over huge sales. toni has nothing to prove to anyone, and neither should the fans. she's a LEGEND already.

Erleevis said:

THANK YOU DZEMIL...I dont think its realistic to expect toni to reach that kind of success. Shes LEGENDARY status now, she has nothing to prove. Shes seems to be at a point where she just wants to make good music, and i LOVE it. I know she wont dissapoint.

Dzemil said:

i think toni braxton is pass her commercial peak/prime, but she is not pass her artistic peak/prime. how many artist have come out after toni and surpassed her album sales? i think theres only britney spears, shania twain and norah johns. nobody else expect them. toni's first 2 albums sold more than most people sold in their whole career.

i mean, do we really expect her to sell another 16 million records world wide with her new album? i'm not. whitney could not do it. madonna can't do it. mariah will flop hard, christina flopped, beyonce flopped, even lady gaga (biggest star in the world at the moment) flopped with her last album.

so anyways, i'm looking forward to this new album to see what toni braxton can do herself for herself. i'm excited because this next album will help her grow artistically. i wanna see who the real toni braxton is.

no many people can say they were as big as toni braxton was in her prime. let's be happy that she was there at some point in her career.

i love all toni braxton albums and i av them all except pulse because i cant find it in the stores.. i believe all of them r excellent albums but the fact is that the last ones av not been as successful as the first ones.    if i were a doctor no one comes to my office then i would av to close cause i would not b able to pay my staff.  if i were to record an album and no one buys it i wouldnt be able to cover my expenses... the point is that if i am selling a good or a service and no one buys it then i am in a big problem..     all i am trying to do is to stimulate a discussion so as to give toni advice from the people who r buying and listening her music so so can produce what we want..... i know that we here want anything toni, at least i do, however, i dont think that that is enough.   i want her to be as commercially successful as possible in our present time.      i want to take a taxi and hear her song playing, i want to turn on my radio and hear her song playing. i want to go to a party and hear her song playing and jus want the best for her.

The problem I have is that I don't feel Toni gets the respect she deserves from the music industry.  Sure, all of us here love her and will forever support her and she is definitely a legend.  But it seems like she's overlooked when it comes to her peers and I hate that.  Its seems like when the big divas are talked about they never mention Toni.  For example, why hasn't she got the job on X Factor yet?  She definitely wants it.  Simon was begging Mariah and Britney to do it when they should have been throwing that opportunity at Toni.  It's no question she's perfect for that.  I don't understand why it seems like she is so forgotten sometimes.  I really hate that.  Of course, I don't expect her to sell 20 million copies with her next record, but I would like it to have enough impact for her to gain that respect back that she deserves.  I would like to see her win another grammy and venture off into other projects as well.  I know she can do it.  I just wish she would get the proper promotion and treatment next time around.  I hate when she has an album out and no one knows but her hardcore fans.  She's Toni Braxton, there's no excuse for that.

I cosign on what you said Rod.  It bothers me that I never hear Toni's music on the radio anymore (all they play is crap). 

Rod Grey said:

i love all toni braxton albums and i av them all except pulse because i cant find it in the stores.. i believe all of them r excellent albums but the fact is that the last ones av not been as successful as the first ones.    if i were a doctor no one comes to my office then i would av to close cause i would not b able to pay my staff.  if i were to record an album and no one buys it i wouldnt be able to cover my expenses... the point is that if i am selling a good or a service and no one buys it then i am in a big problem..     all i am trying to do is to stimulate a discussion so as to give toni advice from the people who r buying and listening her music so so can produce what we want..... i know that we here want anything toni, at least i do, however, i dont think that that is enough.   i want her to be as commercially successful as possible in our present time.      i want to take a taxi and hear her song playing, i want to turn on my radio and hear her song playing. i want to go to a party and hear her song playing and jus want the best for her.

That's what I'm talking about Dzemil.  How many times does her record company have to screw her over before they realize she's worth more than that.  I'm sorry for all the posts guys, but I haven't posted in a while and I'm really venting right now.  I just want her to be successful that's all.

Dzemil said:

imo, pulse was not a flop. the music was great and it had great promotion and it gave us 4 singles.

the reason why the album "flopped" ,as you put it, is because Atlantic put the wrong versions of the songs on the album behind toni's back as well as under shipped the albums to the stores. they even made us delete topics on here where people were complaining about having hard time finding the cd at the stores. they even lied to toni about how many cd's there were gonna ship to the stores.

there simply was not enough albums sent to the stores. toni braxton fans buy physical copies of her album, she's not a digital artist.

same goes for whitney houston. after her passing her GH album entered top 10 of Billboard 200 with most sales coming from iTunes and online music stores. there was not enough albums in the stores for people to buy them. a month after her passing after sony shipped 2.5 million albums to the stores, she has 6 album in top 10 of billboard 200. and most sales came from people going to the stores to buy it, not online.

back to the topic, atlantic dropped the ball on toni last time around. i hope whoever distributes her next album does not do the same.

i totally agree with u

Travis Phillips said:

The problem I have is that I don't feel Toni gets the respect she deserves from the music industry.  Sure, all of us here love her and will forever support her and she is definitely a legend.  But it seems like she's overlooked when it comes to her peers and I hate that.  Its seems like when the big divas are talked about they never mention Toni.  For example, why hasn't she got the job on X Factor yet?  She definitely wants it.  Simon was begging Mariah and Britney to do it when they should have been throwing that opportunity at Toni.  It's no question she's perfect for that.  I don't understand why it seems like she is so forgotten sometimes.  I really hate that.  Of course, I don't expect her to sell 20 million copies with her next record, but I would like it to have enough impact for her to gain that respect back that she deserves.  I would like to see her win another grammy and venture off into other projects as well.  I know she can do it.  I just wish she would get the proper promotion and treatment next time around.  I hate when she has an album out and no one knows but her hardcore fans.  She's Toni Braxton, there's no excuse for that.

I think she is making it known now that there is new music coming out.  I've seen her interviewed and have heard her mention it when she is. We've definitely seen her in the studio on her show. I think she has been on the web a lot lately. It seems whoever is managing her is getting her name out there quite a bit.

As for the X Factor is she still up for the job? I haven't heard anything about it in a while. It sounds like Britney Spears is being considered.  When you type in news about Toni lately all you see are articles about her dating Eddie Murphy.  They need the rumor to die if it is a rumor so that she can go back to promoting her album and tour dates. One can look at it another way though. This is a good way for her to get some extra publicity.

This will be a successful album guys. There is no doubt in my mind. This will be her claim to Fame, i can just feel it!!!...There is no way a person can go through all Toni has been through, and not have success waiting right around the corner. Shes looking amazing, shes got a very seccessful television show, its like a new chapter! cant wait. 2012 is going to be her year guys, just watch!...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dzemil.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service