Can Toni Braxton Survive Another Commercially Unsuccessful Album?

Toni Braxton has had 4 unsuccessful albums and 3 successful albums. this means that she has more unsuccessful albums than successful onces.  she really need a big hit this time around.  i heard an interview with babyface and la reid when they were promoting secrets and they said that they search hard for a big ballad.  i believe she needs to search hard for another big hit.  she needs a huge uptempo hit with a big beat and catchy hook like he wasnt man enough or ur making me high and a massive ballad like unbreak my heart.  she needs to go back to her roots..  she needs to find back those songwriters and producers..  we really want u to be successsful this time

Views: 1379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree D. All I know is I heart Toni Braxton with all my heart. Commercial success or not
. All I ever hope for is good quality music and great vocals. I didnt like Toni because she was popular. I loved Toni for her talent, charm beauty and skill. <3

Erleevis said:

blah blah blah...Who says Tonis last albums werent "Successful"??? MTAW and LIBRA both managed to go GOLD with one single and lttle to no promo. Thats success to me. And PULSE didnt go GOLD but like Toni said at that particular time she wasnt recording for a "HIT" record, she was recording because she thought she never would be able to again. We must look at the big picture, it isnt easy to recreate such success that Toni had with the first 3 albums, especially in todays music where the quality of music has drestically dropped. It is our jobs to stay positive, how dowe expect Toni to have the success she deserves if we are putting bad energy on a single that hasnt even been released yet. When Beyonce and Rihanna release singles i never hear their fans doubting or bashing, they are just happy to know new music is being released...Im just saying success starts here!...everyone has their own opinion,TRUE, but if its negative how about keeping it tourself. At least until you actually hear the song.

Can we all just FOCUS and KNOW that this Album will be the BEST. !!!!!

I think her album is going to be hot either way. I have been a Toni Braxton fan since day 1 and never doubted any of her music. With all this bullshit music that is out there right now, Toni still manages to stick to her originality. I remember from way back when, when you wanted to listen to the album, you have to buy the whole album. but the music industry and technology has changed so much over the past few years that you can download songs from youtube and make an mp3 out of it and not even bother to buy the album. And Toni's style of music has not changed one bit and if her original fans stick with her, we can all help her become a huge success

Only a return to her roots can save Toni's career. If she continues to try to keep up with these new kids on the block she'll fail again. I am a die hard fan and listen to Toni on a daily basis. I want to see her come back to commercial success. This can only happen if she returns to her roots and if she has promotion and a whole lot of it too. I am liking that I heart you hasn't leaked. This demonstrates that The Collective is keeping things under wraps. I suspect the new tune will be released after the reunion of BFV. I can't wait for a real Toni come back where she is selling 350,000 albums in one week and push eventually to the 2 or 3 million sales. That is when you know an artist is back. Her three previous albums have plummeted in sales because of lack of promotion. People will buy albums if there is hype around it regardless of critics reviews or even leakage. Toni has just had an horrible period since leaving Arista/Laface. We all thought Atlantic would have done a better job but that didn't pan out either. The only thing for her to do is to get together with Harvey, Babyface, Dianne Warren, L.A. Reid and The Collective. She also needs to invest in a 12 or 13 track album, heavy promotion, heavy radio play, two videos and every tv show possible and a bit of celebrity promotion from her friends. She can come back to the Toni sales we had in the 90s. I believe in her. I believe in her voice. Her voice is still strong and I know she can belt it out as she did on the Today Show when she sang UBMH. I love you Toni and we're all counting on you this time to make a great album that will sell. 

thank u :)))

Deno Rowe said:

Only a return to her roots can save Toni's career. If she continues to try to keep up with these new kids on the block she'll fail again. I am a die hard fan and listen to Toni on a daily basis. I want to see her come back to commercial success. This can only happen if she returns to her roots and if she has promotion and a whole lot of it too. I am liking that I heart you hasn't leaked. This demonstrates that The Collective is keeping things under wraps. I suspect the new tune will be released after the reunion of BFV. I can't wait for a real Toni come back where she is selling 350,000 albums in one week and push eventually to the 2 or 3 million sales. That is when you know an artist is back. Her three previous albums have plummeted in sales because of lack of promotion. People will buy albums if there is hype around it regardless of critics reviews or even leakage. Toni has just had an horrible period since leaving Arista/Laface. We all thought Atlantic would have done a better job but that didn't pan out either. The only thing for her to do is to get together with Harvey, Babyface, Dianne Warren, L.A. Reid and The Collective. She also needs to invest in a 12 or 13 track album, heavy promotion, heavy radio play, two videos and every tv show possible and a bit of celebrity promotion from her friends. She can come back to the Toni sales we had in the 90s. I believe in her. I believe in her voice. Her voice is still strong and I know she can belt it out as she did on the Today Show when she sang UBMH. I love you Toni and we're all counting on you this time to make a great album that will sell. 

That was very encouraging.

Deno Rowe said:

The problem with her previous records has been the absence of a big ballad. Look at Toni's career, her biggest hits are mainly comprisied of ballads, "Another Sad Love Song," "Unbreak my Heart," "Breathe Again" and "I Don't want To". Although I loved More than a Woman and Libra, she and her record label seem to be missing the point... big voices need big ballads. "Trippin" was a great song but not a strong enough ballad, and "Hands Tied" should've been switched for a stronger ballad such as "Hero" or "I Hate Love". I also love Mariah who in contrast to Toni understands the need for a ballad. Anyone can sing a dance-pop song, but not everyone can hit those notes that leave us in awe. Look at Mariah's career, she released two consecutive unsuccessful albums Gltter and Charmbracelet (still managed to sell more than MTAW or Libra), but it wasn't till she unleashed a huge ballad, "We Belong Together" that she topped the charts again. I have the best hopes for Toni's new album and I'm sure it will be great.

i agree with u totally... toni is known for her ballads and she needs one or more of them on this album

I thought Libra was the lowest of the low when it came to promotion but that album still debuted at #4 on the Billboard 200.  Top 5 album is pretty successful.  When you can sell albums on name recognition alone and no airplay or promotion... I think you just have to roll with the economy and have different expectations.  Even the top entertainers who have hits on the radio are struggling financially.  I think the problem is Toni just doesn't tour enough.  That's where the money is at even if you do small venues.  Everyone has to be a folk singer, so to speak, in my opinion.  And I think the smartest move she is making is to release the new record on her own terms so she can have more control.

Of course she can.... She will keep making more and more albums...

She is not in her peak anymore... So she needs to do things to open up her audience base...

I do feel however that LaFace records SHOULD have capitalized Toni back in the 90's, by releasing more than just two albums... She would probably be bigger if she had three back to back albums after her debut and went the route of Mariah...

But we need to forget the past for now and focus on what Toni has available as options... The ppl that bought Toni Braxton and Secrets are probably NOT buying music so much anymore.... So Toni needs to reach today's music audience....

I mean, look at Beyonce... The ppl that were buying DC4 albums are probably NOT buying her latest efforts, therefore she needed to broaden her audience... Which she has...  Shes a VERY crossover artist...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dzemil.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service