Can Toni Braxton Survive Another Commercially Unsuccessful Album?

Toni Braxton has had 4 unsuccessful albums and 3 successful albums. this means that she has more unsuccessful albums than successful onces.  she really need a big hit this time around.  i heard an interview with babyface and la reid when they were promoting secrets and they said that they search hard for a big ballad.  i believe she needs to search hard for another big hit.  she needs a huge uptempo hit with a big beat and catchy hook like he wasnt man enough or ur making me high and a massive ballad like unbreak my heart.  she needs to go back to her roots..  she needs to find back those songwriters and producers..  we really want u to be successsful this time

Views: 1385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good point !!

What are you talking about, three unsuccessful albums, 

He’s talking about more than a woman, libra and pulse ... which didn’t do well..... but that was the pass, lets look forward towards the future, hope this album is successfully in the US and international.......... 

some thing seriously different must be this time around.. and people must learn from their mistake.

sooooo true.......................

Rod Grey said:

some thing seriously different must be this time around.. and people must learn from their mistake.

Seriously guys i don't want anyone to take this personal but i have mix feeling about this 1st single i going to stay positive . Thats all i going to say, but lets c what happens i will continue to support Toni because I’m a fan and i have alllllll her albums :) 

blah blah blah...Who says Tonis last albums werent "Successful"??? MTAW and LIBRA both managed to go GOLD with one single and lttle to no promo. Thats success to me. And PULSE didnt go GOLD but like Toni said at that particular time she wasnt recording for a "HIT" record, she was recording because she thought she never would be able to again. We must look at the big picture, it isnt easy to recreate such success that Toni had with the first 3 albums, especially in todays music where the quality of music has drestically dropped. It is our jobs to stay positive, how dowe expect Toni to have the success she deserves if we are putting bad energy on a single that hasnt even been released yet. When Beyonce and Rihanna release singles i never hear their fans doubting or bashing, they are just happy to know new music is being released...Im just saying success starts here!...everyone has their own opinion,TRUE, but if its negative how about keeping it tourself. At least until you actually hear the song.

I truly agree with you Erleevis 1000% you hit it dead on with that one.

Erleevis said:

blah blah blah...Who says Tonis last albums werent "Successful"??? MTAW and LIBRA both managed to go GOLD with one single and lttle to no promo. Thats success to me. And PULSE didnt go GOLD but like Toni said at that particular time she wasnt recording for a "HIT" record, she was recording because she thought she never would be able to again. We must look at the big picture, it isnt easy to recreate such success that Toni had with the first 3 albums, especially in todays music where the quality of music has drestically dropped. It is our jobs to stay positive, how dowe expect Toni to have the success she deserves if we are putting bad energy on a single that hasnt even been released yet. When Beyonce and Rihanna release singles i never hear their fans doubting or bashing, they are just happy to know new music is being released...Im just saying success starts here!...everyone has their own opinion,TRUE, but if its negative how about keeping it tourself. At least until you actually hear the song.

Lol. HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE CAN YOU TELL ME!.(i knw couldnt resist)but back to the point. What albums are these you refering to? Last i checked Toni only has 6 studio albums out, but if the seventh one you refering to is "Snowflakes", so to bust your bubble but thats not really considered an "artist album" its more like a mixtape or a greatest hits compulation. Now lets tally up; Debut album is at 15mil+world wide, Secrets 20mil+world wide, The Heat 2mil+ in the US and 3mil+ worldwide, MTAW 800K+ world wide, Libra 680K+world wide, Pulse 145K+ give or take in the U.S,14 April 2011, which am sure it has surpassed by now. So in actual fact the only album which i can say had a disappointing run here is Pulse, but then again it had a Billboard RnB/Hip-Hop hit at #12 that being Yesterday, so it wasnt really a failed attempt. I really dont like it when a Toni fan(which am sure u are) looks for success within the charts or by album sales(you might say but i just did the same and u may be ryt, but i was only doing it to cover some basis for what you were "trying" to say). What i would like for every fan of hers to do is to stop looking for her success in the amount of albums/awards and all those other thing but to focus rather on the essence of the music she has delivered throughout her career. Lets face it Toni is not a pop artist and no one expects her to be one, so conforming her to the standards of what is expected of pop artists is unfair to say the least. Toni just like Adele have never attempted making music that "radio friendly", what they do is they make music that speaks to you in more ways than one(damn they can take a song about heartbreak and make it feel like a romantic "make you wana fall in love" kind of song).
Toni Braxton's music is ART and we need to start respecting and appreciating HER ART for what it is and not what its worth, because the price is not always reflective of the quality and craftsmanship!!#NUFF SAID and i adore this WOMAN! Biggest Fan down SOUTH of AFRICA

Sorry Erleevis but I strongly disagree with everything you said. I think that if a fan disagrees with someone or has a contrasting opinion that is being real, not being negative. I will reserve the rest of my opinion until after I hear the first single but so far it seems like Toni is repeating her same mistakes career wise.

It is sad but yes Toni's last 3 albums were not successful for an artist of her status. Just going gold is considered a flop for artists like Mariah, Beyonce, or Toni. A lot of the blame is on the labels but Toni has some accountability for the flops because she changed her original hit making music style/production to 2nd rate production/sometimes amateur production, thus losing a lot of her consumers.

P.S. I am also a Beyonce fan and best believe when she puts out an album her fans let her camp know what type of music is hot, whether or not to rush out a 2nd single if the first one is not so well, etc. We do not keep our opinions on mute because it is helpful for Beyonce and her camp to be successful.

Erleevis said:

i think toni braxton is pass her commercial peak/prime, but she is not pass her artistic peak/prime. how many artist have come out after toni and surpassed her album sales? i think theres only britney spears, shania twain and norah johns. nobody else expect them. toni's first 2 albums sold more than most people sold in their whole career.

i mean, do we really expect her to sell another 16 million records world wide with her new album? i'm not. whitney could not do it. madonna can't do it. mariah will flop hard, christina flopped, beyonce flopped, even lady gaga (biggest star in the world at the moment) flopped with her last album.

so anyways, i'm looking forward to this new album to see what toni braxton can do herself for herself. i'm excited because this next album will help her grow artistically. i wanna see who the real toni braxton is.

no many people can say they were as big as toni braxton was in her prime. let's be happy that she was there at some point in her career.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dzemil.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service